Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Flavio Viola's shop in Monti

There's a charming little shop in Monti that bills itself as an antique shop cum furniture restoration location (Restauro mobili, Antichità), but in reality it's mostly a shop selling a mishmash of antiques, dishes, art work, old publications and more. Once you get chatting with owner Flavio Viola he confirms that this is really what his shop is all about. Flavio is usually sitting right at the desk at the shop entrance and he is ready to greet you with his cordial and gentle manners.It's the kind of shop I love: it's all cluttered and you just know that if you sniff around long enough you'll find something you love.Actually there was no sniffing around involved at all. I'd first spied some hand-painted ceramic cups, plates and tea / coffee pots last week when I was strolling around Monti and after a few visits decided to go ahead and purchase them. The ten cups, plates, pot plus creamer and sugar bowl are an unusual brown-tone hand-painted set from the Gualdo Taldino area of Umbria, from back in the 1930's. A very satisfying purchase that is now both handsomely displayed on the credenza in my tinello and very useful.But that's not all there is in Flavio Viola's shop. There are water and wine glass sets, furniture, paintings, lamps, vases, chairs, candelabras, more hand-painted ceramics, mirrors. It's not easy to make your way around the shop as it's so chock full of goodies, but at the same time everything is very visibly displayed albeit quite precariously stacked. Stop by; it's a fun shop to browse around and like me you just mind find something special worth purchasing. By the way...cash only.Flavio doesn't have a website but he's easy to find when you're next in the Monti area of Rome. Via del Boschetto, 100. Tel. +39 3496622578

2 comments:

  1. I definitely wanted to compose a comment to be able to appreciate you for some of the awesome instructions you are giving on this website. My considerable internet lookup has at the end been rewarded with brilliant ideas to go over with my contacts. I 'd claim that many of us website visitors actually are very endowed to live in a perfect network with very many special individuals with interesting tactics. I feel very privileged to have encountered the webpage and look forward to really more excellent minutes reading here. Thank you once more for all the details.wholesale wall art australia

    ReplyDelete
  2. Greetings I am so excited I found your site, I really found you by mistake, while I was looking on Aol for something else, Regardless I am here now and would just like to say thanks for a marvelous post and a all round exciting blog (I also love the theme/design), I don’t have time to go through it all at the moment but I have bookmarked it and also added your RSS feeds, so when I have time I will be back to read much more, Please do keep up the superb work.
    coupon sites australia

    ReplyDelete